You support our counseling, housing, hospital accompaniment, hotline, outreach and early childhood education programs. Thank you for making a difference in the lives of our clients.
Three Ways YOU can Support YWCA Richmond:
- Donate money: Monetary donations are used toward YWCA Richmond programs most in need. Contact Briana Williams at 804-643-1392 to make a donation over the phone.
- Donate goods or services: In-kind contributions directly benefit clients we serve. Contact Joyce Loving at 804-980-7291 to learn more.
- Donate time: Volunteer as an individual or with a group!
- Individual Volunteers:
- Click to fill out our Individual Volunteer Application
- Ryan E. Morris, MSW, Director of Advocacy & Outreach – email@example.com
- Group Volunteers:
Not all donations are money. Here are ways you can help us help others:
- Bedding and bath items are a great way to support our transitional and emergency housing clients. Please help us by donating new/unused sheets (full size), blankets, pillows and towels.
- Gift cards in small denominations, bus tickets and phone cards help clients to meet immediate supply, transportation and communication needs.
- Look at our list of needed items and organize a donation drive at your office or place of worship.
MOST NEEDED ITEMS:
Bus tickets, gift cards, new bedding items, nonperishable food items (soup, Ramen, snacks), reusable shopping bags, deodorant.
Due to limited space in our emergency housing, we are UNABLE TO ACCEPT CLOTHING DONATIONS.
Where and how to donate
Drop off your items at our downtown location, 6 N 5th Street, on weekdays between 8:30am – 4:30pm. You can park in the loading zone directly in front of the building. Come inside and let our reception desk know that you have items to donate. We’ll help you unload your items, and provide you with a receipt for your records.
Have an idea or question about in-kind donations or want to organize a donation drive?
Contact Joyce Loving, Corporate Partnerships & Events Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, 804-643-6761 ext. 117
YWCA Richmond no longer accepts clothing donations, but partners with the following agencies:
*Please note that all organizations are nonprofits and can provide you with a tax deductible receipt for your donation, unless otherwise noted. Feel free to share that YWCA Richmond sent you!
Through your support of YWCA Richmond…
- You empower children to develop socially and emotionally and be ready for kindergarten by learning through play.
- You empower survivors of sexual assault by providing hope through free, trauma-informed emergency and on-going services.
- You empower families in danger by providing a safe place to stay, and the path to regain financial and emotional control in their lives.
- You empower women by supporting our leadership and educational development opportunities for women in our region.
- You help us create a safer, stronger community for all families.
WAYS YOU CAN EMPOWER RVA
Click, click, done. Make a secure online donation.Through our giving platform, you can make a one-time or recurring gift to support families in the Richmond region.
Donate by Mail
Send your check or pledge form to:
6 N. 5th Street
Richmond, VA 23219
Please make checks payable to “YWCA Richmond”.
Donate over the Phone
We accept credit card donations over the phone.
Download our pledge form here.
If you have any questions about monetary donations to YWCA Richmond, please contact Rupa Murthy, Chief Development Officer, at 804-980-7302 or rmurthy(at)ywcarichmond(dot)org
We welcome every opportunity to connect community measures to our programs, and to show you how your gift makes a positive impact in our community.