In 2014, the YWCA Richmond announced the Pat Asch Fellowship for Social Justice in honor of former Executive Director of the YWCA Richmond and Jackson Foundation, Patricia Morris Asch. The Fellowship is designed to support the work or professional development of a woman who, like Pat, has a vision for change in her own life and the drive to make positive change in the Greater Richmond community.
Eligibility & Requirements
Consideration for this award is open to any woman who is at least 50 years of age and who resides or works in Richmond City, Chesterfield, Hanover, Henrico, Goochland or Powhatan County. Staff and relatives of YWCA Richmond and the Fellowship Selection Committee are not eligible to apply for the Fellowship.
Through the required materials detailed below, each applicant is invited to describe a potential experience this Fellowship will provide. An applicant’s proposed fellowship experience should position her to engage in new endeavors, motivated by an interest in positive social change, and/or enable her to “grow through change,” achieve personal and professional goals and contribute to social justice in our community.
- 2019, Anne Moss Rogers: Read Anne’s Personality Spotlight in the Richmond Free Press.
- 2018, Nadine Marsh-Carter: Read more about her fellowship plans in Church Hill People’s News.
- 2017, Gigi Amateau: Read the full announcement about Gigi’s award in the Richmond Free Press.
- 2016, Leslie Lytle: Read more about her fellowship year in the Nurture blog.
- 2015, Cheryl Groce-Wright: Read more about her fellowship year in RVANews.
The 2020 Application period is now open!
All application materials must be received no later than: 5:00 p.m. on, February 20, 2020 by email for consideration for the 2020 Pat Asch Fellowship for Social Justice. Applications are not accepted by facsimile or mail.
For more information about the Pat Asch Fellowship for Social Justice, you may contact:
Rupa Murthy, Chief Development Officer at 804-980-7302 or email@example.com.