2016 Outstanding Women Awards
Arts – Business – Education – Health & Science – Human Relations& Faith in Action – Law & Government – Media & Marketing – Nonprofit Management – Volunteerism
In 1980, the YWCA of Richmond launched the Outstanding Women Awards program in order to recognize women in the Greater Richmond area who have made significant contributions to our community through their exceptional leadership, sustained dedication, and inspiring achievements. We are very excited to invite you to nominate anyone who you think would for the criteria for our Outstanding Women Awards. Thank you for your help in identifying these individuals who do so much for our community!
Criteria for OWA Nominees
- Resides in one of the following cities or counties: Charles City, Chesterfield, Colonial Heights, Dinwiddie, Goochland, Hanover, Henrico, Hopewell, New Kent, Petersburg, Powhatan, Prince George, or Richmond.
- Exhibits a high level of professional or volunteer achievement and leadership skills.
- Generates significant impact on the Greater Richmond community through her endeavors.
- Demonstrates passionate commitment to a cause through her activities.
- Excels in her profession, is highly respected by her peers, and is a role model for other women in her field.
- Exemplifies the YWCA of Richmond’s commitment to eliminating racism and empowering women in her professional and personal life.
The nomination period is now closed for the 2016 Outstanding Women Awards. Stay connected for more updates!