2020 Outstanding Women Awards
Arts & Culture – Business – Education – Health & Science – Human Relations &/or Faith in Action – Law &/or Government – Media & Marketing – Nonprofit Leadership – Volunteerism
Now accepting nominations for the 2021 Outstanding Women Awards! Please nominate a leader in our region today.
Our 40th Annual Outstanding Women Awards will celebrate nine dynamic leaders at an empowering luncheon at 11:30 a.m. on Friday, October 16, 2020.
OWA Nomination Criteria, Tips, and Form
In 1980, YWCA Richmond launched the Outstanding Women Awards program in order to recognize women in the Greater Richmond area who have made significant contributions to our community through their exceptional leadership, sustained dedication, and inspiring achievements. Thank you for your help in identifying these individuals who do so much for our community!
Criteria for an Outstanding Women Award Nominee
- Resides in one of the following cities or counties: Charles City, Chesterfield, Colonial Heights, Dinwiddie, Goochland, Hanover, Henrico, Hopewell, New Kent, Petersburg, Powhatan, Prince George, or Richmond.
- Exhibits a high level of professional or volunteer achievement and leadership skills.
- Generates significant impact on the Greater Richmond community through her endeavors.
- Demonstrates passionate commitment to a cause through her activities.
- Is highly respected by her peers and is a role model for other women in her field.
Before you Start:
The following are helpful hints to make your nomination strong and compelling:
- The nomination pool historically includes nominations showcasing the talents and accomplishments of the most outstanding women in our community.
- Nominations are valid for two years. If a woman is nominated and not selected, she is automatically considered the following year.
- You may nominate a candidate in a maximum of two categories. The selection committee reserves the right to place nominees in an additional category deemed appropriate during the selection process.
How to complete the form:
- Save your nomination content in a separate electronic Word document, cut and paste into the form. For security reasons, the OWA Nomination Form is only saved once the form is submitted.
- Make sure to keep your total application word count at 4,000.
- You may collaborate with others to complete the nomination form.
- Examples of impact for a nominee’s work make a strong case for review.
Nominations are due by December 19, 2020 by 5:00 p.m
You may contact YWCA Richmond for a PDF form, if necessary. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.