We are grateful for the support of our donors in helping us meet the needs of families receiving services from YWCA Richmond. We count on the support of donated goods and services to create quality programs for families and would love for you to consider making a donation.
Please note: Due to limited space, we no longer accept clothing donations. Please see our list of clothing partners at the bottom of this page.
Most Critical Needs
- Gift cards & Bus passes: gift cards (CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, Target, grocery stores, gas stations, restaurants), GRTC bus tickets, prepaid cell phones & minute cards
- Bed and Bath Needs: Twin/full-size sheet sets, new pillows, blankets, towels, wash cloths, shower liners/curtains, bath mats
- Preschool-age Books & Supplies: Hand sanitizer (alcohol free ONLY), markers, crayons, play doh, bulletin board paper & borders, learning games, early reader books, art supplies, printer paper, tiny bits (e.g. bows, beads, wrapping paper, newspapers, beads, yarn, string, fabric, stickers
- Kitchen, Cleaning & Housing Supplies: Hand soap, laundry & dish detergent, fabric softener, sponges, can openers, food containers, saran wrap, aluminum foil, first aid items, over the counter medicine, paper towels & napkins, clorox wipes, mops, bleach, latex gloves, disinfectant spray, large trash bags, toilet paper, tissues, all-purpose cleaner
- Baby/Children’s Items: Diapers/pull-ups, baby toiletry items, bibs, teethers, pacifiers, formula, onesies, ointment, bottles, backpacks, school supplies, new socks & clothes
- Have gently used cell phones and chargers you no longer need? Consider donating them to Verizon’s Hopeline to support survivors of domestic violence.
Where & How to Donate
Due to COVID-19, we are not accepting donations daily. Please contact Heather Garrett at 804-980-7284 or email@example.com to schedule a time to drop-off your approved donation at our downtown location, 6 N 5th Street, during the week between 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
You can park in the loading zone directly in front of the building. Come inside and let our reception desk know that you have items to donate. We’ll help you unload your items, and provide you with a receipt for your records.
Have an idea or question about in-kind donations or want to organize a donation drive?
YWCA Richmond no longer accepts clothing donations, but partners with the following agencies:
*Please note that all organizations are nonprofits and can provide you with a tax deductible receipt for your donation, unless otherwise noted. Feel free to share that YWCA Richmond sent you!