About the YWLA
Launched in January 2015, the Young Women’s Leadership Alliance (YWLA) is the YWCA Richmond’s young professional board, comprised of female members between the ages of 25 to 35 who are dedicated to advancing YWCA Richmond’s vision to empower families. The mission of the YWLA is to connect, equip, and inspire a diverse cadre of young women to assume leadership roles at work and in the community.
- Bolster participants’ knowledge and leadership skills through YWLA-focused development workshops
- Increase exposure to and understanding of YWCA Richmond programs and impact through hands on support
- Connect with other like-minded young professional women and gain board experience
- Support YWCA Richmond’s traditional fundraising efforts through creation of a new event
- Hadeel Abouhasira, Williams Mullen
- Alexandra Badman, Virginia Estate and Trust Law, PLC
- Cassie Baudean Cunningham, Baudean Law , PLLC
- Susan Beck, Capital One
- Circe Black, Richmond Behavioral Health Authority
- Eva Colen, 50CAN
- Nancy Davidson, Office of the Attorney General
- Samantha Dorr, Virginia Oral Health Coalition
- Melissa Early, SunTrust Mortgage
- Natalie Garramone, The Frontier Project, LLC
- Allison Gilbreath, Prevent Child Abuse Virginia
- Mishawn Glover, Integrated Health Services
- Julia Henderson, Virginia Society of CPAs
- Quelina Jones, Altria Client Services
- Lauren Kiger, VCU Massey Cancer Center
- Crystal Lowery, Mosaic Catering
- Abbey Philips, Virginia House of Delegates
- Jacqueline Robinson Brock, VCU Partnership for People with Disabilities
- Jessica Tobin, Hunton & Williams LLP
- Diana Wolf, Capital One
- Jennie Wood, Pink Photography
- Kimberley Young, Richmond Behavioral Health Authority
If you’re interested in learning more about the YWLA or how to get involved, you may email Rupa Murthy at email@example.com.
The 2017 Application Period is currently closed and will re-open on August 1, 2017. Please contact Rupa Murthy with any questions.
The Young Women’s Leadership Alliance’s signature event, Conversation Piece is a live art experience benefiting YWCA Richmond and our preschool program. With a theme of Empower RVA, the event encourages guests to engage in the mission of YWCA Richmond and have conversations around how we can all work together to empower families in our community. Artists will create pieces live throughout the event around the Empower RVA theme, which will be available at the end of the event through a silent auction.