About the YWLA
Launched in January 2015, the Young Women’s Leadership Alliance (YWLA) is the YWCA Richmond’s young professional board, comprised of female members between the ages of 25 to 35 who are dedicated to advancing YWCA Richmond’s vision to empower families. The mission of the YWLA is to connect, equip, and inspire a diverse cadre of young women to assume leadership roles at work and in the community.
- Bolster participants’ knowledge and leadership skills through YWLA-focused development workshops
- Increase exposure to and understanding of YWCA Richmond programs and impact through hands on support
- Connect with other like-minded young professional women and gain board experience
- Support YWCA Richmond’s traditional fundraising efforts through creation of a new event
- Hadeel Abouhasira, Williams Mullen
- Sharon Alexander, Children’s Mental Health Resource Center at VCU Health
- Alexandra Badman, Virginia Estate and Trust Law, PLC
- Cassie Baudean Cunningham, Baudean Law , PLLC
- Caitlin Bradley, McGuireWoods LLP
- Nancy Davidson, Office of the Attorney General
- Melissa Early, SunTrust
- Catherine Estevez, Communities in Schools of Virginia
- Sarah Feiler, Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney, Richmond Victim/Witness Services
- Noopur Garg, Dominion Energy Services
- Julia Henderson, Virginia Society of CPAs
- Rachelle Hunley, Chesterfield County Youth Planning and Development
- Rachel Johnson, Capital One
- Lauren Lopez, Dominion Energy
- Deanna Ferguson, SunTrust Mortgage
- Katie McCall, Chesterfield County Public Schools
- Mary Grace Miller, Virginia Office of the Attorney General
- Naquetta Mitchell, The Tri Cities Chapter of The Continental Society
- Brit Mohler, Hunton & Williams LLP
- Katie Moody, Richmond Ambulance Authority
- Megan Overton, Snagajob
- Martha Schickle, Richmond Regional Planning District Commission
- Allison Smith, Community Advocate
- Natasha Stevens, Community Advocate
- Hannah Updike, Planned Parenthood
- Kimberley Young, Richmond Behavioral Health Authority
If you’re interested in learning more about the YWLA or how to get involved, you may email Joyce Loving at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2017-18 Application Period is open! Please fill out this application form.
Please contact Joyce Loving with any questions.
The Young Women’s Leadership Alliance’s signature event, Conversation Piece is a live art experience benefiting YWCA Richmond and our preschool program. With a theme of Empower RVA, the event encourages guests to engage in the mission of YWCA Richmond and have conversations around how we can all work together to empower families in our community. Artists will create pieces live throughout the event around the Empower RVA theme, which will be available at the end of the event through a silent auction.