Do you know a woman who deserves to be honored with an Outstanding Women Award?
Tips from the OWA Selection Committee
Each year, the selection process for the Outstanding Women Awards proves to be a challenging and time-consuming endeavor for the members of the selection committee. The nomination pool historically includes more than 80 nominations, each showcasing the talents and accomplishments of the most outstanding women in our community.
Note: Nominations are valid for two years. If a woman is nominated and not selected, she is automatically considered for an additional year.
Tips to make the most out of your nomination form:
- Consider saving your form content as an electronic document. For security reasons, the OWA Nomination Form does not save form information until the complete form has been submitted.
- Make sure to fill out the entire nomination form. Incomplete nomination forms will not be considered.
- Follow all directions as outlined on the nomination form!
- Use complete sentences and the appropriate punctuation.
- Have a friend proofread the nomination form before submitting it.
- Only select the categories for which the nominee is most appropriate. Selecting all of the categories does not increase your nominee’s chance of winning. Detailed descriptions of each category have been included on the nomination form for your convenience. The selection committee reserves the right to place nominees in any additional category they see fit during the selection process.
- Take advantage of the ability to use multiple people to fill out the nomination form. More minds often strengthen the overall quality of the nomination.
- Write passionately: It will engage your reader and convey the enthusiasm your nominee brings to her work!