2018 Outstanding Women Awards
Arts – Business – Education – Health & Science – Human Relations & Faith in Action – Law & Government – Media & Marketing – Nonprofit Management – Volunteerism
The nomination period for the 2018 Outstanding Women Awards is now open!
The OWA Luncheon is traditionally held the last Friday in April.
In 1980, the YWCA Richmond launched the Outstanding Women Awards program in order to recognize women in the Greater Richmond area who have made significant contributions to our community through their exceptional leadership, sustained dedication, and inspiring achievements. Thank you for your help in identifying these individuals who do so much for our community!
Criteria for an Outstanding Women Award Nominee
- Resides in one of the following cities or counties: Charles City, Chesterfield, Colonial Heights, Dinwiddie, Goochland, Hanover, Henrico, Hopewell, New Kent, Petersburg, Powhatan, Prince George, or Richmond.
- Exhibits a high level of professional or volunteer achievement and leadership skills.
- Generates significant impact on the Greater Richmond community through her endeavors.
- Demonstrates passionate commitment to a cause through her activities.
- Excels in her profession, is highly respectable by her peers, and is a role model for other women in her field.
- Exemplifies YWCA Richmond’s commitment to eliminating racism, empowering women and advancing opportunities for individuals, children and families to live their best lives.
- We encourage you to write and save your nomination in a word document, then cut and paste it onto our website form.
- You may contact us for a PDF form, if necessary. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Click here for nomination tips from our OWA Selection Committee.