We are grateful for the support of our donors in helping us meet the needs of families receiving services from YWCA Richmond. We count on the support of donated goods and services to create quality programs for families and would love for you to consider making a donation.
Please note: Due to limited space, we no longer accept clothing donations. Please see our list of clothing partners at the bottom of this page.
Most Critical Needs
- Gift cards & Bus passes: gift cards (CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, Target, grocery stores, gas stations, restaurants), GRTC bus tickets, prepaid cell phones & minute cards
- Bed and Bath Needs: Twin/full-size sheet sets, new pillows, blankets, towels, wash cloths, shower liners/curtains, bath mats
- Preschool-age Books & Supplies: Hand sanitizer (alcohol free ONLY), markers, crayons, play doh, bulletin board paper & borders, learning games, early reader books, art supplies, printer paper, tiny bits (e.g. bows, beads, wrapping paper, newspapers, beads, yarn, string, fabric, stickers
- Kitchen, Cleaning & Housing Supplies: Hand soap, laundry & dish detergent, fabric softener, sponges, can openers, food containers, saran wrap, aluminum foil, first aid items, over the counter medicine, paper towels & napkins, clorox wipes, mops, bleach, latex gloves, disinfectant spray, large trash bags, toilet paper, tissues, all-purpose cleaner
- Baby/Children’s Items: Diapers/pull-ups, baby toiletry items, bibs, teethers, pacifiers, formula, onesies, ointment, bottles, backpacks, school supplies, new socks & clothes
- Have gently used cell phones and chargers you no longer need? Consider donating them to Verizon’s Hopeline to support survivors of domestic violence.
Where & How to Donate
Drop off your items at the YWCA Richmond’s downtown location, 6 N 5th Street, on weekdays between 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
You can park in the loading zone directly in front of the building. Come inside and let our reception desk know that you have items to donate. We’ll help you unload your items, and provide you with a receipt for your records.
Have an idea or question about in-kind donations or want to organize a donation drive?
YWCA Richmond no longer accepts clothing donations, but partners with the following agencies:
Dress for Success
Accepts women’s business attire. Clothing should be current or like new, dry-cleaned and on hangers. To align with their mission of providing interview appropriate clothing, they only accept items that are in season, in style, on hangers and dry cleaned.
Details: 321 N. Boulevard, Richmond, VA 23220 (we are on the ground floor of Boulevard United Methodist Church). Donations are accepted every Friday from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Sunny Day Thrift: Operated by Boaz & Ruth
Accepts clothing for men, women, and children. Boaz & Ruth is a nonprofit in the center of the Highland Park neighborhood that helps to rebuild lives and communities through relationships, training, transitional jobs, and economic development.
Details: 3030 Meadowbridge Road, Richmond, VA 23222. Donations are accepted Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
The Clothes Rack: Operated by The Junior League of Richmond
Accepts clothing for men, women, and children. The Junior League of Richmond is an organization of women committed to volunteerism, women’s development, and improving the community. They operate The Clothes Rack to help support this mission.
Details: 2 Locations – 2618 W. Cary St, Richmond, VA (804-358-4693) and 6780 Forest Hill Ave, Richmond, VA (804-323-6270). Donations are accepted Monday-Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Caring Clothes Closet (Short Pump area)
Accepts clothing for men, women, and children. The Caring Clothes Closet supports families in need through the support of donations. No tax receipt provided.
Details: Location – Shady Grove United Methodist Church, 4825 Pouncey Tract Road, Glen Allen, VA 23059, (804-260-2600). Donations are accepted anytime by placing items in trunk on front porch.
*Please note that all organizations are nonprofits and can provide you with a tax deductible receipt for your donation, unless otherwise noted. Feel free to share that YWCA Richmond sent you!